Jun 18 2013

Morning Hug

I’m currently writing a very short story, a sequel to my fan fiction, “It Must Have Been Love”. This depicts one of the scenes in which Albert gives Candy a morning hug. They are already parents of two young children, so that’s why Candy looks more mature here.

Albert_Candy_Morning_Hug

As mentioned in my previous post, the fan art and fan fiction are done specifically for Albert’s birthday near the end of June. The story should be ready next week, and I hope you will like them both.

Feel free to share my post, but please do not use my drawing without my permission. Thank you!

• Albertfanatix on June 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I still can’t stop myself from reading It Must Have Been Love ✌

1. Thanks for your encouragement. 🙂

• Marjorie Townsend on June 21, 2013 at 3:52 pm

My goodness, i will never forget Chaper 12: Home! 🙂 great job!… now time to read on! 🙂

• Albertfanatix on June 21, 2013 at 4:29 pm

The best chapter ever. ✌ ✌ ✌

1. Thank you! 🙂

1. Thank you very much for reading LNF! I’m glad you like Chapter 12! One of my favorite chapters too! 😀

• Penny on June 21, 2013 at 10:20 am

I enjoyed this blog so far, congratulations! 🙂

1. Thank you! 🙂

• Marjorie Townsend on June 20, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Read 2 chapters of “Love Never Fails” and already hooked!! Thanks now onto the 3rd chapter! 🙂

1. Awww… Thank you for reading! Glad you like it so far. 😀

• missusdoubtfire on June 20, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I’ve been looking for blog of Candy Candy in English, and I believe I came to the right place, thanks to that page that led me here.

1. Thank you! 😀

• Beatrice on June 20, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Did Albert officially marry Candy in the new novel? I’m confused. I’ve been reading different opinions of different parties. Some say that it was Terry at the end of the novel, and some say it was Albert. What are the proofs that Candy did end up with Albert. Please enlighten me.

1. I guess nobody knows the answer except Mizuki, but I have only read the spoilers. However, I will share my thoughts later on my blog. Please stay tuned. Thank you! 🙂

• Marjorie Townsend on June 20, 2013 at 3:53 pm

From the little I have read, the author intentionally left the ending open to individual’s guess (i wouldn’t say interpretation) as to whom Candy finally married. Lots of speculation abound of course…. clues here and there are construed to support either Terry or Albert by each “faction”. Yep, I agree with Ms Puddleglum that only the author knows but after studying so many years of literature and the general tones, writings and logic, it has to be Albert. No other scenario will make sense for Candy. Candy has loved Terry but that is the grand love, tumultuous, sudden & intense, as she has indicated repeatedly, it is not meant to be.

1. Very true indeed! So you have studied literature? Great! We have another strong support here that Albert had meant for Candy! The structure of CCFS itself seems to indicate that. 🙂

• Beatrice on June 20, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Thank you for your kind replies. I’ll keep those in mind.

Wonderful blog. I will come by every day

1. You’re welcome. Thank you for your support too. 🙂

• Marjorie Townsend on June 20, 2013 at 2:31 pm

My comments may not be directly related to Albert’s birthday. I find it very disappointing that the anime intentionally diluted the emotion/love between Candy and Albert. Reading the English translations of the novel and the manga make me believe the author put a much bigger focus on their relationship and conclude them in a positive note, not so in the anime which makes me sad…. why? do you think that happened? I am confused and baffled.

1. I can’t agree with you more regarding the anime. It had put too much emphasis on Terry, misleading a lot of people. Terry was important in the story but only in the middle part; while Albert was an important character since the beginning especially after Candy’s breakup with Terry. Without Albert, Candy’s life would have been drastically different. Like you, I believe the author, Mizuki, had meant to put Candy and Albert together, and the ending of the manga was obvious whereas the anime gave us a rushed, lousy conclusion of the story. i hope I have answered your question, and I will eventually share my thoughts on my blog. Have a good day! 😀

• Marjorie Townsend on June 20, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Thanks! would love to hear your thoughts more…. enjoyed the blog despite being a new comer. Will comb thru your fanfics ASAP! 🙂

1. Thank you very much, and I can’t help feeling nervous now that I know you have studied literature! Anyway, I’m just an amateur writer, so please feel free to let me know my mistakes and flaws in my stories. Thank you! 😀

• MN027 on June 19, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Beautiful! How long did it take you to draw two characters?

1. Honestly I didn’t keep track because I changed my mind a few times ;), but thank you!

• Guest on June 19, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Hi, I come from facebook. You have an excellent blog and drawings, and I read few of your stories already.

1. Thank you for your compliments!! 🙂

• Guest on June 20, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I must say I enjoyed reading your last story ‘My Prince Charming, and so are your drawings. I will wait for your new story 🙂

1. Thanks again for reading my stories and I hope you will like the new one too. 🙂

• Albertfanatix on June 18, 2013 at 3:43 pm

That made my afternoon after seeing the tenderness of your works. Thank you, Ms Puddleglum. I’ll be in the next corner waiting for your lovely fanfic. : o)

1. Thank you! I hope to get it published next week 😉

• Albertfanatix on June 20, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Must be a good one for Albert-san’s birthday. Good luck! 🙂

• CKati on June 18, 2013 at 3:18 pm

You sure know how to put the love and tendernes in your drawings. It’s really lovely!
    Can’t wait for your new story 🙂

1. Thanks, CKati!!! ^_^ 😀 I hope you will like the story too!

• ParkersTheOne on June 18, 2013 at 12:55 pm

So excellent and do tender, Ms Puddleglum. I can’t wait to read your new story. 🙂

1. Thank you!! I’m working on it… a short one though. 🙂

• Lezti on June 18, 2013 at 12:51 pm

lovely drawing dear, so sweet!

1. Thank you, Lez!! Glad you like it! 😀