Feb 12 2018

In lieu of a happy moment

I promised some of you that I would squeeze my time to draw something for Valentine’s Day, but contrary to my previous practice, this time I present a downcast moment in lieu of a happy occasion. Those who are familiar with the manga will know that Albert decided to leave Candy on a snowy night, leaving a departure note and a pile of cash to her. This part in the manga is one of my favorites. We know that he had had some inner struggles, keeping his recovery a secret from her for months, but when he did inform her in writing, he still chose not to tell her his real identity. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust her to keep her mouth shut, it was more likely that he wasn’t ready to come clean. For your interest, you can read my fanfic A man in Love. Anyway, despite the sad note of this image, I wish you all a Happy Valentine’s Day with your loved ones!! ❤❤❤

• Myra on February 18, 2018 at 9:54 pm

Albert is absolutely adorable in this lovely artwork of yours! His gaze is similar to the manga one where he’s looking down at Candy when she’s in a half-sleep situation following the discovery of the hidden newspaper clips about Terry.

Since so many people have been casting their votes on “real-life” CC characters, I would like to share my suggestion but I’ll restrict it to Candy, Terry and Albert.

For Terry, I think Luke Evans suits well, especially when he played the role of Dracula. My impression of Terry is that of a dark and sensual “emo”/gothic-like guy: https://movieweb.com/the-crow-curse-doesnt-scare-reboot-star-luke-evans/

For Candy, I’m between two actresses-Saoirse Ronan (especially the way she looks in the film “Lovely Bones”): http://www.movieactors.com/actors/saoirse-ronan.htm
    and Amy Adams (at an older age): https://www.biography.com/people/amy-adams-20883223

Now, for Albert, I had a tough time with this guy. But then I remembered this actor-Kivanç Tatlitug-and I was impressed by the ways in which he resembles Albert whether he’s sporting a beard, going clean-shaven, having long or short hair.

Here are a few of these above-mentioned versions of him (the many faces of “poker-face” Albert):

Beard: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1833525/
    Trying to be “aristocratic”: https://www.polyvore.com/kivanc_tatlitug_kuzey_guney_reclame/thing?id=54517974
    Being his casual self: https://fashiontwiss.blogspot.com/2012/10/kvanc-tatltug-fashion.html
    Eye Colour: http://fanpix.famousfix.com/gallery/kivanc-tatlitug/p46534837
    Ready to Fight the Lion: http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/kelebek/magazin/kivanc-tatlitug-nasil-dolandirildi-40688487

I’ve got to admit I was astonished with the Albert-like features this German-Turkish actor appears to share. They’ve even got the same eye colour:

Last but not least, what does this scene remind you of?

• Lakewood on February 18, 2018 at 11:04 pm

Your suggestions are impressive-Myra!

Although I’ve never heard of him, that actor you’ve mentioned would be perfect as Albert face-wise, built and eyes. He also seems to be as tall as Albert.

That final link you’ve provided is wicked to say the least.

• Myra on February 22, 2018 at 6:54 am

Thanks Lakewood. I’m glad you like my suggestions. I had also considered Rupert Penry-Jones as Albert but I think Kivanc Tatlitug is more suitable as his facial features are better sculpted and his physique is taller and stronger. I doubt whether Rupert Penry-Jones would be able to fight a lion..

• Lakewood on February 22, 2018 at 9:48 am

I’m having a good laugh with that final sentence of your recent post-Myra! I agree with you that RPJ wouldn’t stand a chance fighting a lion unless it was a stuffed animal.

1. Thank you Myra! A good friend and I prefer Albert looking a bit sad when he was amnesiac in the manga. I take your words about his gaze as a compliment! 😘

I also like your casting, especially Amy Adams. I really like her in Arrival. If Candy in her thirties looked like Amy Adams I’d be happy.

Your choices for Terry and Albert are sublime 😀, but in my imagination both male characters should look younger in the CC story. The actors you’ve picked can be the mature versions of Terry and Albert. ❤️

TBH I sometimes think a dark-haired Justin Bieber would be a great choice for Terry… LOL 😅

Anyway, the last scene you shared with us reminds me of one of my favorite episodes in the manga. I wonder if Candy had seen Albert bare his torso before the lion’s attack… 🤔

• Myra on February 22, 2018 at 6:45 am

Yes, you’re Albert illustrations are intriguing. Your artwork adds even further depth to the already complex and mysterious WAA. You also add more to the beauty in Albert’s azure eyes, something we don’t really get to see much in the anime or the manga. It’s in the CCFS where we understand how beautiful Albert’s eyes are. Candy constantly describes how Albert’s blue eyes are beautiful as the morning sky.

As for Terry, I had also been considering Matthew Gray Gubler for the role but he’s so swan-like beautiful, delicate and sweet, both features of which would make him more suitable for Archie’s character perhaps. However, Matthew is a superb actor and he would possibly pull it off as Terry too. Here are a few pics of him with long hair and short hair. When he has long hair, he reminds me a bit more of Terry, and when his hair is shorter, he reminds me more of Archie:

• Lakewood on February 22, 2018 at 9:58 am

Matthew G Gubler is lovely, isn’t he? I only got to know about him from “Criminal Minds”, but I guess that’s how most people managed to find out about him. He’s a versatile actor and even though he’s so willowy, he would make the best of each role given to him.

In Italy, the actor Giulio Berruti is highly cited as best for playing Terry. I’m not too keen on Berruti as Terry. He’s too shallow. He’s ok for a fashion model but not for intricate roles. I prefer your choice because I find Luke Evans a much better actor than Berruti. It would take an adept actor to play Terry’s role because it’s so complicated and dark.

1. Hello Ms Puddle,

Ce nouveau dessin est une pépite Ms Puddle et je l’adore. 😍😍😍❤❤❤
    Albert paraît terriblement mélancolique et pour cause.
    Vous avez réussi à merveille à exprimer une expression si triste sur son si beau visage.
    Bravo. 👏👍😍❤
    Bises. 😘

1. Bonjour Antlay

Merci beaucoup 💝💕💞

It’s actually quite encouraging that my melancholic fanart for Valentine’s day is well received. I told myself that I should draw what I like, right? 🤗

Bises 😘

• Luf on February 16, 2018 at 10:26 am

Ms Puddle,

I’ve finally read all your posts. It took me a while. Haha. I feel like I got so late to the party!

I love your art and everything you have to say about Candy! I didn’t know CCFS extisted until about a couple of weeks ago and since then I made it my mission to try to figure out who Candy’s partner at the end of the story was… that’s how I ended up on your blog… I’ve read a few sites before ending up on yours and let me tell you, I’m convinced Candy ends up with Albert, and I started wanting her to end up with Terry. I supose I can blame that on the anime, which was the only format of the story I’d watched all my life. I didn’t know a manga existed, and after finally reading it, also about a couple of weeks ago, I completely feel in love not only with the Candy-Albert relationship, but with Albert himself! Sometimes I even think he’s too good for Candy! Haha. And I love Candy! My guy was always Anthony, but since he had died, I had wanted Terry for Candy, like almost everyone that watched the anime back in the day (80s). I cant believe I was so blind, even though i never had a problem with Albert. From the anime ending I thought Candy would enf up with Albert… and I was happy with it, i mean, he was the freaking prince of the hill!! It was a happy ending for me… but now, i just can’t believe i ever wanted someone else for Candy! Albert has completely stolen my heart. Lol

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how much I love your work… I’ve read you’ve been busy and you won’t probably update often, but I will be following you from now on… I can’t wait to see what else you have for us!

Greetings,
    Luf

1. Hello Luf, many thanks for your support and encouragement! Again, it’s never too late, and it sounds like you’ve already caught up my posts, which is incredibly fast, I must say!

Like you, when I was a little girl watching the anime, I wanted so badly for Candy to have Terry too. The night in Chicago when they were desperately looking for each other was frustrating to watch, and I definitely cried when they had to break up. However, Susanna had my pity so I didn’t blame Terry at all for letting go of Candy.

Anyway, by now you should know how I feel about the pair Candy and Albert 😍 so I won’t repeat myself again.

Yes I’m getting busier at work due to more responsibilities (longer working hours), and your understanding and patience are much appreciated! 😘💕

• Moudy on February 14, 2018 at 11:26 pm

The fanfic A Man in Love is on my desktop shortcut …so i can re read them again ❤❤

Happy Valentine..Ms P 😘