Jul 10 2013

My second attempt of coloring!

Albert_Candy_Morning_Hug_Color

In between writing my long story “Love Never Fails” these days, I often take breaks coloring another one of my previous illustrations. Now that I have just published a new chapter, I could finally finish this. For those who have been following my blog might have recognized this as a drawing for my short story “Papa, what makes a prince?”

To read the teaser of this story, please go to my previous post

I’m trying to depict one of the scenes as follows (from Albert’s perspective):

“… I drew her close to me by putting my left arm around her slender waist from behind her back. As she giggled, I held her right hand and nuzzled her cheek, saying softly, “I’m hungry. How about you?”… ”

Those who have sharp eyes might have noticed that I have altered the drawing slightly. Once I have this colored, I realized my mistake, so I have made the correction accordingly.

At any rate, I’m so glad that I can use this colored version as my cover image for the short story mentioned above.

Once again, I’m still learning, so any constructive suggestion or feedback are more than welcome. Please feel free to share my post but not the drawing. Thank you in advance!

Note: Based on some feedback, I have modified my picture afterwards. I’m still not 100% satisfied, but I guess I will leave it for now.

• Guest on July 12, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Uh… are they married here? Where’s Candy’s ring?

Great drawing!

1. Good point!! I forgot about it totally… 🙁 I guess I won’t change it now though. Next time I’ll be more careful 🙂

2. I’ve finally added a simple gold band on her ring finger ;). Thanks for pointing it out!

• Guest on July 15, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Can you make it a little brighter? It blends through the color of her skin

1. I don’t think I’ll make more changes to this pic now though, but thanks again. Next time I’ll be careful 😉

• Guest on July 11, 2013 at 3:05 pm

There! Excellent, green eyes finally! 🙂

1. Thank you! They were green to me before… But probably more bluish green LOL! 😉

• Albertfanatix on July 10, 2013 at 10:09 pm

It’s a job well done, Ms Puddleglum. My eyes fell in love with your lovely colors the second they saw it. 🙂

More?

1. Thank you for your compliment! Coloring is very time consuming, so I don’t know how long it will take me to do another one… 😉

• Albertfanatix on July 10, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Trust me, I know what you mean. It can be stressful sometimes 😉

1. No doubt 😛

• Guest on July 10, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Why are Candy’s eyes blue?

1. Really? That’s green to me lol 😉

• Guest on July 10, 2013 at 9:19 pm

It looks the same color as your avatar 🙂

1. I will double check 😉

• CKati on July 10, 2013 at 5:01 pm

This is very nice!

one small thing:
    I didn’t notice this before, but Albert’s body is really big compared to Candy’s.

The coloring is beatifully done! 😀

1. Thanks CKati! 🙂 Candy being only 155 cm tall was so much shorter than Albert, whose height was 185cm. Here I imagine Albert had to bend his knees LOL… Also, Candy was facing the other way which made her look smaller too I guess ;). Thank you very much for your feedback, CKati!! 😀

• Guest on July 10, 2013 at 9:22 pm

I think Candy’s lower part shouldn’t be shown too much except her tummy if Albert bent his knees, other than that, it’s good. 🙂

1. Just slightly bent his knees, not squatting down though. 🙂 But thank you for your positive comment! 😀