Sep 20 2013

Lion’s claws

lion's claws

This picture is from the manga version of Candy Candy, colored by Letita Quintero, downloaded from Candy & Albert World (http://www.facebook.com/CandyAlbertWorld).

It captures the moment when Albert was protecting Candy from the ferocious lion that had escaped from a circus. To me, that is the ultimate proof of his love for her. He was fully aware that her heart belonged to another man then, but in that split second he slipped his body in between her and the lion to shield her from its sharp claws.

I’m glad that Candy eventually opened her eyes and realized who had loved her unconditionally and persistently, unlike the one described in one of my favorite quotes shown below:

You’ve spent your whole life running and running, trying to catch up with something that has never been there for you. And all you’ve done is go farther and farther away from the precious love that’s been waiting for you all the time.

~Brandi Snyder

2 pings

• Letita Quintero on September 21, 2013 at 10:53 am

Es lamentable pero cierto… que más quería Candy de Albert, sí él sé lo daba todo… esa ternura, su calidez, su todo, pero como dice el dicho NADIE SABE LO QUE TIENE HASTA QUE LO PIERDE :/

1. Siiiii!! Lezti!!! Es lamentable pero cierto… :'(

• Venice on September 21, 2013 at 10:14 am

I wish there was a slight explanation about who Candy’s parents were. When I first saw this in the anime, I thought she was Albert’s long lost daughter. The reason why he was vagabond and lonesome after he lost his wife and child, lol.

1. I’m OK actually without knowing who her parents are. It seems that Mizuki did that on purpose, possibly to show that Albert didn’t really care where Candy was from? 😉

• Venice on September 21, 2013 at 12:02 pm

True 😉

• Guest on September 20, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Sad, but true

1. Yup!

• Lyanne on September 20, 2013 at 8:26 pm

This is one of my favorite scenes. I’m sad there wasn’t enough room for Candy and Albert moments in the anime. 🙁

1. Yes… Can’t agree more 🙁

• MN027 on September 20, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Glad she opened her eyes before it was too late. Otherwise, Albert would have gone to someone else. I’d take that as forever regret if I were in her shoes.

1. That’s true… But the author was kind to give her the right man 😉

• Guest on September 20, 2013 at 4:55 pm

All she needs is a spank on her bottom for letting her best friend go…

1. Oh… She didn’t let him go… He vanished 😉

• FarmerGrlTX on September 20, 2013 at 3:01 pm

It really triggered Candy hard when Albert left more than Terry did. You can tell how much she cried for Albert every day and night, and it’s even more painful to her not getting any contact information from him as though he wanted her to cut him off her life forever.

1. I somewhat agree with you… though I’m not sure if she cried every day and night… in CCFS however she remembered she had spent many sleepless nights missing Albert though. :'(

• CKati on September 20, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Yep, that’s Albert with his unconditional love for Candy. It’s a good thing she finally woke up and realized that she also loved him.

1. It’s true, CKati. When I first read this in the manga I was extremely touched especially because he had already recovered his memory. I don’t like the lion scene in the anime however. It is very different to me.

• EnakaT on September 20, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I’m with you on this one, Ms Puddle. I like the manga version better where I find it more moving than the anime version, especially the part when she was terribly missing him.

1. Totally agree! Just very different :'(

• snowbell on September 20, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I’ve a friend who was so obsessed with this man (who is afraid of commitments), while the other man was willing to give up everything for her. To make the story short, this man gave up on her and left. And the man she liked so much had left her too. Later, she regretted of not giving the other person a chance to try on their relationship. Now, she’s all alone in the world. It’s hard to know whether one of them is the right one for you. 🙁

1. True… that’s why we should treasure what we have now. We don’t know when we will lose it one day… 🙁

• Maraliz on September 20, 2013 at 11:49 am

This topic reminds me of the story of Banana and Pear that didn’t end up together. Still, I think Pear is better off with Apple. They look good and happy together

😉

1. That’s right. I still remember the story you have shared earlier. 🙂

• 24miles on September 20, 2013 at 11:35 am

The problem with Mizuki is that she didn’t guide Igarashi to make the lion tear off Albert’s shirt completely so I can see his flawless chest…ooops. 😛

Back to the topic, yes, everything Albert had done for Candy was indeed his proof of his love for her. It took Candy a while until Albert left the apartment and later realized, she’d miss and want him miserably.

1. Laugh out loud… Yes, sometimes you won’t know what you have missed until you have lost it… unfortunately. 🙁

1. It happens in real life. Many times we hold on to someone who will never be ours, and we are not able to see the person who truly loves us and is willing to do anything to make us happy. And sometimes, when we realize it’s too late. That’s my experience: (

Sucede en la vida real. Muchas veces nos aferramos a alguien que nunca será nuestro, y no somos capaces de ver a la persona que de verdad nos ama y está dispuesta a todo por hacernos felices. Y, a veces, cuando nos damos cuenta, ya es demasiado tarde. Esa es mi experiencia 🙁

1. Oh Eli… I’m sorry to hear that :-(… though I have a friend who had similar experience too, and yet she woke up one day and decided to leave that person who would not return her love. 🙁

1. C’est la vie, ma cherie :'(

1. Sigh… 🙁

1. Look, I give a smile 😀 … I have a lot to give!

• Ms Puddle on September 20, 2013 at 4:40 pm
                Author

Great! 😀

1. […] shown in my earlier posts, “Lion’s claws” and “Love is like a seed”, Candy bandaged Albert’s chest after he got seriously […]

2. […] case was the lion attack incident. When Albert realized that Candy was shedding silent tears while bandaging him, their conversation […]